The Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Chat

3 posters

Go down

Voice Chat Empty Voice Chat

Post  Baridin Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 pm

We now have a voice chat server active, so we'll all be able to hear Estrange sing (hm, maybe we should declare him the guild bard Twisted Evil )

The server in question is hosted on my vps and is accessed using the mumble client that can be downloaded from mumble.sourceforge.net. To get started do the following:

Download the installer linked above and start it then:
1) choose language
2) accept licence (gpl so no restrictions unless you distribute the program, none on use)
3) choose components, all you need is 'mumble (client)'
4+5) program location, startmenu heading -> accept defaults

When you first start the program you'll get a wizard to configure you're soundcard. This wizard explains itself carefully so just follow instructions on screen, if in doubt accept the default, that will work though not optimally (actual configuration is mostly talking in your mic/listening and adjusting sliders on screen till it sounds right, on anything else accepting defaults should do ok)

Once you're through the wizard for the sound setup, you'll want to connect to our voice server. To do this choose 'add new' in the server connect windows that pops up when the wizard is done, and fill in the following data:
- servername = just a label, shown in the serverlist on screen, choose whatever you like (I got 'Knights of Blade's Edge')
- address = 95.211.18.170 (this is the network adress of the voice server, there's no domain name coupled)
- port = 64738 (this is the default value that's filled in)
- username = name of your main toon

Choose the connection you just set up in the list and press 'connect'. The first time you connect with the server you'll get a warning about the certificate. That's normal and caused by the fact that I didn't buy a certificate with verisign or similar, but use a self-signed one. Just answer yes on the question of whether you want to continue anyway.

Once logged in, rightclick you're name and chooose 'register'.

me and est tested it earlier tonight and seems to work fine, so Basketball download the client and give it a try

NOTE: those without a microphone need not despair, the voice client actually has a built in text-to-speech Shocked (note though that it uses the default sapi5 voice on your pc and unless you have a commerscial voice app that will be the crappy sounding default MS ones affraid)

NOTE: if you don't like the looks of the app take a look at the available skins

NOTE: To activate push-to-talk do the following:
* Click on Configure -> Settings
* Go to the Audio Input tab
* Under Transmit: set it to Push-to-Talk
* Go to the Shortcuts tab -> Add a shortcut
* Set the Function to: Push-to-Talk
* Set the Key to: Whatever you want.

Last edited by Baridin on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

http://forum.tkobe.com

Back to top Go down

Voice Chat Empty Re: Voice Chat

Post  Baridin Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 am

k, so we had 4 of us in the voice chat for the icc rep run. Server works fine, sound is great, so even if you don't have a mic please install the client and connect so you can at least hear me and I can use it for explaining tactics.

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

http://forum.tkobe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Estrange Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:07 pm

well as Bari said, it's so easy to use and seems like so convenient. It's so useful that communication speed much better then writing when we are in raid. I think we all have to have when we doing raid. Also you'll benefit to hear my voice when I sing, thats a bonus! Voice Chat Affraid

Estrange
Knight Marshal
Knight Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hubero Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi all,
I have installed this morning Mumble, so I will try it this night.
Looking forward to hear you sing :-).

Happy hunting to all of you
Hubero
Hubero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down