The Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fix for latency problems - check this no matter if you have them or not

2 posters

Go down

Fix for latency problems - check this no matter if you have them or not Empty Fix for latency problems - check this no matter if you have them or not

Post  Timwanger Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:28 pm

What does it do?

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your World of Warcraft latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will also see reduced latency in other online games such as Aion, Warhammer and Lord of the Rings. The average reduction in latency (based on feedback from comments) is 66%.

System Requirements

Leatrix Latency Fix is supported on these operating systems only.
Windows XP (SP2 or higher)
Windows Vista (SP1 or higher)
Windows 7
Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.

If you got interested
READ MORE AT

Leatrix Latency Fix

This fix shouldn't have any negative effects for your normal internet use. As said above, this fix should affect only to the speed TCP acknowledgements are sent to the game server and/or to other servers you are connected. This may cause problems maybe only if you are using tens of years old low frequency/slow processor router/modem that cannot execute that new higher frequency Very Happy Modern equipment shouldn't have any problems with that Smile

Ad, a thing for you to discover also for general interest maybe? Smile

E: I downloaded and tested this today (11.11.2009). As a personal experience I can say only that this is really a MUST fix for everyone. Easy to install and easy to remove if it doesn't work.

And some numbers for evidence during my short visit in game today: latency in dalaran varied from 50ms to 90ms. Not bad at all Wink I had a small loss in FPS though, but I don't know if it was because of this fix. I doubt it is as this shouldn't affect FPS at all afaik. Anyway the FPS was around 50 on average, when it's normally around 55 so not that bad loss Smile

EE: A correction to what I said. In Leatrix Latency Fix site it is stated that this fix may cause a small loss in FPS, but I didn't find it very annoying. Go ahead and give this a try Smile

-Tim

Last edited by Timwanger on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Timwanger
Timwanger

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&

Back to top Go down

Fix for latency problems - check this no matter if you have them or not Empty Re: Fix for latency problems - check this no matter if you have them or not

Post  Estrange Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 am

I'll try no matter if I have have good modem or not. Don't know how good it is tbh. *netgear dg640* I think Some days I get more then 5K latency, but I was thinking that the problem was between the connection of my country and blizz server, cause the other software, inclduing internet and other stuff works well. Dunno but worth to try. Thanks for that Tim, great tip Wink

Estrange
Knight Marshal
Knight Marshal

Back to top Go down