The Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette

5 posters

Go down

Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette Empty Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette

Post  Baridin Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 am

Raid Times
We raid starting at 2100 realm time (which is CEST) and go on till about midnight.
The exact day varies, check the game calendar.

Ettiquette
Before the raid:
- show up on time, preferably get online at least 5 min early, making 9 others wait for you is not cool
- make sure you show up repaired, with buff food, flasks, and having checked the strats (bosskillers is a good site, as is wowwiki, and project marmot from tankspot)

During the raid:
- don't go afk unannounced, and in general try to minimise downtime
- be nice to people, if you have a problem with something that's happening wisp the raid leader instead of spouting insults or griping in raid chat (as those tend to nuke the positive atmosphere fast).
- don't interrupt tactics with idle banter, that just makes it harder to keep track for those who don't know tacs yet (feel free to banter otherwise Smile
- if you died, try to figure out why and how to avoid it (look at the death overview in recount it'll tell you what killed you), in general try to avoid making the same mistake twice

After the raid:
- look through the logs at worldoflogs and try to figure out what areas you need to work on to do (even) better next time

Addons:
- RECOMMENDED a bossmod (i.e. an addon that does things like give you a timer on boss abilities, warn of lava walls, ...) The Big 3 are Deathly Boss Mods, aka DBM, Bigwigs, and Deus Vox Encounters (using Deus Vox myself atm)
- RECOMMENDED Omen Threat Meter: threat is not usually a problem at this point in general but for specific encounters like Malygos this is a necessity (Malogys encounter has a buff mechanic that increases dps damage with 50 or 125%, at his point dps will be threat-capped, and will need to mind their threat to avoid Malygos turning around and doing a 20k breath attack on the entire dps group)
- RECOMMENDED FOR PALLY'S Pallypower: lets you assign your buffs once so you don't have to keep track of who wanted to be buffed with what. And gives an interface to let multiple pallys with pallypower coordinate who gives what (raid leader can assign who will buff what, the pally just needs to click the button)
RECOMMENDED FOR HEALERS Vuhdo, Grid, Healbot or another mod that gives you a compact table, with health, cleansable debufs, active hots, .... of the entire raid

Loot Rules:
1) Main Spec > Off Spec > Disenchant
2) Optimal Spread: if 2nd tanking/dps/healing piece drops on same night it goes to the tank/dps/heal that didn't get the 1st one
3) /roll between ties
4) BoE's that no-one rolls for go to guild bank
5) non-BoE's that no-one rolls for are sharded, and shards rolled for

Above doesn't go for legendary items and raid keys (like for EyE of eternity) those go to the guildies with best attendance record (on raids you signed up for, not raids overall)

Last edited by Baridin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 am; edited 26 times in total

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

http://forum.tkobe.com

Back to top Go down

Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette Empty Re: Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette

Post  Verdante Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Looks nice, I have no further comments for the loot-rules.

Verdante
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette Empty Re: Raiding: Addons, Loot Rules, Etiquette

Post  Issih Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Looks all good to me, especially with the dualspec now, rules should be set.
And with mainspec, do you mean the spec currently in? Example, I'm resto in a raid, I only roll healer stuff, but next time I'm ele in a raid, I only roll for dps caster stuff?

Issih
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Baridin Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:39 am

Issih wrote:And with mainspec, do you mean the spec currently in? Example, I'm resto in a raid, I only roll healer stuff, but next time I'm ele in a raid, I only roll for dps caster stuff?

well I'd say that by default main spec is the one you're in yes. If you want your other spec to count as main for looting, just proclaim so before the run starts.

Also you'd be able to roll on off-spec stuff, provided non of the main-specs want it (probably meaning they got it on earlier run, or got something better elsewhere).

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  yoghurt Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi guys,
I wouldn't worry too much about loot rules; let's just use master looter. We're just a very small & friendly guild; rules & policies have tendency to change that...

yoghurt
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Baridin Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 pm

bump to make visible (as it was moved from officers forum)

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Baridin Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 am

bump, added addon and ettiquette section

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Timwanger Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 am

Hi,

As a quite new person to guild I'd like to know do we have a gear limit in raids? I admit that my gear is total crap atm and doing raids wouldn't be nice. I'd be a lot of harm and grief to the group. But as time goes by and I start to get a better gear, it would be nice to know when I could enter raids also.

So could it be possible that on each raid announcement you put some limits at what DPS depses should have on that raid; hp, armor etc for tanks and also the necessary values for healers? Those limits doesn't have to be carved on stone, but rather flexible and somehow situation dependant I think. At those instances we farm there could be few belowgeared guys, but in those instances we haven't even done there shouldn't really be any char that doesn't have decent gear.

What do you say mates? Smile
Timwanger
Timwanger

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&

Back to top Go down

Post  Baridin Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Timwanger wrote:Hi,
As a quite new person to guild I'd like to know do we have a gear limit in raids? I admit that my gear is total crap atm and doing raids wouldn't be nice. I'd be a lot of harm and grief to the group. But as time goes by and I start to get a better gear, it would be nice to know when I could enter raids also.

First we have the retro-raids on tuesday -> do come to those, at 80 gear's not in issue there at all

We don't really have any hard limits, and quite frankly gearing isn't that important, it just provides a bigger margin for error (as proved by the all-in-blues ulduar run a month or so back).

As to gettign gear, thanks to the emblem system change in 3.2 that's now completely doable by hc's alone (and there's a bunch of alts in guild that just reached, or are about to reach 80)

Timwanger wrote:
So could it be possible that on each raid announcement you put some limits at what DPS depses should have on that raid; hp, armor etc for tanks and also the necessary values for healers? Those limits doesn't have to be carved on stone, but rather flexible and somehow situation dependant I think. At those instances we farm there could be few belowgeared guys, but in those instances we haven't even done there shouldn't really be any char that doesn't have decent gear.
What do you say mates? Smile

some sensible numbers:
- Tanks: uncrittable (540 defense = 689 defense rating, or 3/3 in the bear talent survival of the fittest), 22k unbuffed for naxx at a minimum, 30k or so for ulduar
- DPS: hitcapped or near (without it your dps drops to the floor in raids vs bosses), 1500 dps unbuffed for naxx, 2500 dps unbuffed for ulduar
- Healing: hard to put a number on this one

That said, things like:
- buffing raid with whatever buffs your class has
- debuff boss best you can
- knowing and following strats (i.e. stay out of the fire, now when to bunch up or spread out, which things need to be decursed/depoisoned/cleansed ...)
Are way more important then gear so especially if your gear isn't optimal, make sure you read up on strats (bosskillers.com, tankspot.com strategy videos are 2 good sites)

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum