The Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account hacked!!

3 posters

Go down

Account hacked!! Empty Account hacked!!

Post  Domenika Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry to let you know that my account got hacked yesterday! So that is why you can't see me on the list of guild members.... Sad
All my characters have gone Crying or Very sad
Contacted Blizzard and they are on the case...sigh
They will need to check case and they might be able to get my characters back. PLEASE, PLEASE!!
Iwill have to check what has been stolen - equipment, armour, mounts. I suspect all my gear has gone and now I'll have to start from scratch.
Advice from me - change passwords NOW!! and check your computer security too (mine has been on all the time), so can someone explain how that happened? Grrrrrrr
I'm off to hurt someone.
Hopefully see you soon Evil or Very Mad

Domenika

Back to top Go down

Account hacked!! Empty Re: Account hacked!!

Post  Issih Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Aww Dom, that really really sucks, those damn account stealers! I really hope that Blizz can help you restore your full account, I believe Morcpala has had the same thing happening and he was able to get almost everything back, but it took some time.

But please don't be discouraged to play wow, I hope to see you soon back ingame, goodluck with it Smile

Issih
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Domenika Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey Issih!

I've resorted to playing a new character on a different realm. he he he
So I guess I wait for contact from Blizz regarding account. Sigh.
It does suck - hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!

See you all soon What a Face

Domenika

Back to top Go down

Post  Baridin Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Domenika wrote:check your computer security too (mine has been on all the time), so can someone explain how that happened?:

windows is so full of holes that all it takes is going to a site that has a banner infected with the wrong (and new) thing, this can easily be a major site as it's usually not the site itself but one of the advertisements that's infected. There's plenty of zero-day exploits (meaning that there's somebody taking advantage of the security hole the same day it's been discovered)

To combat this:
- always make sure you have the latest version of your browser installed with all the latest updates (and make absolutely sure that whatever you're using is not IE6)
- use firefox with adblock and noscript plugins (you can still view flash bij explicitly clicking it, and at first you'll have to tell noscript for all you normal sites 'allow xxxx' (don't allow google-analytics, doublclick.net etc. and don't allow more then necessary, for sites you don't visit regurarly never use anything but 'temporarily allow access for ...')
- close tabs after you're done with em (the newest thing is tabnabbing, where they first show the site you expect, then load the infected site as you tab away to another tab)
- don't just download anything from everywhere, be real selective

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

http://forum.tkobe.com

Back to top Go down

Account hacked!! Empty Whoop!!

Post  Domenika Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks so much Bari for your reply.
I'm now being super duper cautious and doing everything you've advised.
But good news! Wonderful Blizz have got all my characters back!!!!! Laughing
PHEW!!!!
Dom's back Very Happy

Just gone online to check stuff - I'm now no longer in the guild - TY mr hacker! GRRRRRR Evil or Very Mad
I'm staying online tonight, so if anyone is around can they invite me back? Pretty please???

Shocked

Last edited by Domenika on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Domenika

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum