The Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightwell ftw

2 posters

Go down

Lightwell ftw Empty Lightwell ftw

Post  Verdante Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I found some nice instructions about the priestly Lightwell on my healerforum, and I'm posting some of it here for your education Very Happy

1) Lightwell can be clicked while running.
I point this out mainly because a couple of my dps mates thought they needed to be at a standstill in order to use the Lightwell. They probably thought this because the animation effect is delayed from after when you click it. So, it's worth making sure people know they can click it as they run past or through it and the heals will start ticking in a few seconds later.

2) Lightwell can be clicked while suffering any adverse effects.
You can use the Lightwell while stunned, feared, frozen, knocked over, wrapped in snakes or spider silk, etc, etc. I think the Lightwell is fantastic in situations like when you're Ice Tombed by Prince Keleseth in UK - the Lightwell will keep you live/topped-up easily.

3) Lightwell can be clicked during the GCD. Some dps are suspicious of using the Lightwell because they think it might slow down their dps, which is not an unreasonable assumption since dpsers often get threatened with no loot or being kicked by harsh raid leaders if their dps falls below a certain threshold. However, it's not true, so you might need to educate your dps friends that they can click the Lightwell and re-target the mob while waiting for their next spell to become available.

4) Yes! Lightwell can even be clicked while you're casting spells! Casting a Greater Heal? Why not heal yourself while you're waiting for your cast to go off? That's right, click the Lightwell while you're casting and you'll probably get your first tick from the Lightwell about the same time your GH lands on the tank. Same for Flash Heal, same for any spell. Basically, the only time you can't click on a Lightwell is when you're actually clicking your spell casts. So tell the other peoples about this fact too. Click the Lightwell ANY DAMN TIME YOU PLEASE. It neither affects nor is affected by cooldowns (so far as I can tell).

A word of warning. The Lightwell does become your target when you use it. This definitely irks dpsers. Not a problem when fighting a solo boss or one with a few adds, but this can be difficult for dpsers when fighting bosses with lots of adds. It these situations, you most likely should keep the Lightwell close to yourself for self-heals. They also tend to be the fights where you stack close to the tank so melee can utilise it too. Desperate/smart group members will always come and give it a hug if need be.

Other pains? Yes, you'll no doubt need to tell the Huntards that it is a HoT spell with 3 ticks, and that there's no point them clicking on it unless they have taken, or are going to take, damage. Telling people how to use it can be tiresome. In a PUG, a good way to demonstrate the Lightwell's effectiveness is at the end of the first boss fight, and several people need topping up, to refuse to heal. Just drop a lightwell and /point at it. They should get it after that.
Lightwell ftw Lightwell_qjgenth

Verdante
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

Back to top Go down

Lightwell ftw Empty Re: Lightwell ftw

Post  Baridin Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Nice one verdante, several bits in there I didn't know before scratch

Baridin
Knight Grand Cross
Knight Grand Cross

http://forum.tkobe.com